What will an SSL certificate do for my Web site?
An SSL certificate will assure your online visitors that confidential information and transactions cannot be viewed, intercepted, or altered by an unauthorized third party when transmitted over the Web or mobile devices.
- Online banking applications and Web services where financial information is exchanged.
- E-commerce sites where credit card transactions and other payment transactions occur.
- Customer/User login pages where personal and confidential information is exchanged.
- Sign-up pages such as newsletters, alerts, mailing lists and other online applications that require users to provide and submit personal information.
- Webmail, such as Outlook Web Access (OWA), where users can login and view their email securely.
- Any Web page or application that needs to securely submit data to a server.